Up Next

3D Animals

8 months ago
We designed animals using 3D shapes and printed them in 3D We used a website called tinkercad and created animals out of 3D shapes and printed them off in our classroom
Automating the survival of tomatosphere plants! Students have, and continue, to code moisture sensors to indicate when plants need to be watered. The sensor measures the moisture of the soil and then our microbit lights up the microbit LEDs with an icon to let us know the condition. We're working on attaching LED light strips that will be even more visual to let us know when the soil is dry. Eventually, we will code to get the lights on timers to ensure our tomatoes get enough light/darkness so they grow and produce fruit. Eventually, we'd like to extend it to our hydroponics project and make our soil-plants have their own self-watering apparatus.

The aMAZEing

8 months ago
https://blvr.ca/LgRWuEf/admired-infatuated-adventure create a virtualA maze that students could play in the Oculus quest 2. Made it in BLVR.ca this is a website to create a virtual world. We made it on a PC but it was made to play in the oculus quest 2. We first did a paper version of the maze and then create it bloc by bloc on the website.
This is a project to build a house for the birds in my backyard "After researching on the web I discovered that each type of bird has certain features they like to see in a birdhouse. I wanted to build a house for a wren or a chickadee. The other bird houses in my backyard have starlings in it, which prefer a bigger hole and a bigger house. The birdhouse needed to be made out of natural products (wood), and with paint only on the outside. I chose not to put a perch as I read that birds can get in and out without one. The entrance hole for a wren is at 1 inch and 1/8th. I drew the pieces of the bird house on a piece of paper with a ruler to make sure the pieces would fit together. Than I drew the lines on a wood board for my father to cut the pieces with a power saw. Then I marked the pieces in the locations they would be joined together using wood biscuits and glue. Once the pieces were marked, my father used an electric biscuit joiner to cut the slots for the biscuits. I them put all the pieces of wood for the bird house walls and bottom together with out glue, using the biscuits on their own just to make sure everything fit. I then disassembled and reassembled the birdhouse walls, but this time also using wood glue and let the project dry overnight. The two pieces for the roof were added also using glue but with wood screws instead of biscuits. After painting the bird house in natural brown, I installed a metal frame under the house, so a long hollow metal pole could screw into it. We then planted the pole in the ground so that the birdhouse was high up, to keep birds safe."