People deserve to be able to go outside on their own without fear of all the terrible things that could happen while living alone and my innovative design allows people to do that. I started off using tinkercad to create a cat shape for the housing of my project. I eventually built it up and created a cover that can easily clip on and off. So the sound device can fit safely inside. I have a small hole at the end for cords to come out through, and an easy way to hold the device. Next, I started coding in Python and after a lot of research and trial and error, I got both my button and buzzer working on the GPIO. It is still a work in progress, but it is coming along very well.
Automating the survival of tomatosphere plants! Students have, and continue, to code moisture sensors to indicate when plants need to be watered. The sensor measures the moisture of the soil and then our microbit lights up the microbit LEDs with an icon to let us know the condition. We're working on attaching LED light strips that will be even more visual to let us know when the soil is dry. Eventually, we will code to get the lights on timers to ensure our tomatoes get enough light/darkness so they grow and produce fruit. Eventually, we'd like to extend it to our hydroponics project and make our soil-plants have their own self-watering apparatus.