Students were to create an automatic bubble blower, it turned out an automatic bubble wand contraption for students to blow bubbles. Students learned how to code to make the motors run. Then created their prototype. Many changes had to be made with the propeller part, in the end, students choose to opt-out of the propeller part and use younger kids to blow the bubbles. Regardless, students had fun creating!
Automating the survival of tomatosphere plants! Students have, and continue, to code moisture sensors to indicate when plants need to be watered. The sensor measures the moisture of the soil and then our microbit lights up the microbit LEDs with an icon to let us know the condition. We're working on attaching LED light strips that will be even more visual to let us know when the soil is dry. Eventually, we will code to get the lights on timers to ensure our tomatoes get enough light/darkness so they grow and produce fruit. Eventually, we'd like to extend it to our hydroponics project and make our soil-plants have their own self-watering apparatus.
I made a bboard robot that drives with the controller. 1. I coded the microbit to control the wheel. 2. I created a remote with another microbit using a radio signal. 3. I then created 3d design that the servo wheel would fit in. I had to try a few times. I added some googly eyes for a finishing touch."
A solution to providing a thirsty puppy fresh water when she needs it! We used a waterproof container from our recycling bin, a plastic straw, our bboard, microservo and a motion click. We also used our 3D printer to make an L shaped hard surface so that the little servo lever would clamp the straw when no motion was detected. We used the coding software from the Brilliant Labs bboard website to write a code for the microservo that controlled the lever dependent on the information it received from the motion click indicating if Polly was at her dish drinking or not. One issue that we had that we later fixed was the water leakage around the straw. Initially, we used silly puddy that we had at home but we later asked our dad to get us some waterproof caulking to use around the straw as it went into the water reservoir.
Mise en place d'une banque de données accessibles virtuellement sans internet dans un milieu où il n'y a ni commodité technologique, ni électricité.
Showing all 15 results