People deserve to be able to go outside on their own without fear of all the terrible things that could happen while living alone and my innovative design allows people to do that. I started off using tinkercad to create a cat shape for the housing of my project. I eventually built it up and created a cover that can easily clip on and off. So the sound device can fit safely inside. I have a small hole at the end for cords to come out through, and an easy way to hold the device. Next, I started coding in Python and after a lot of research and trial and error, I got both my button and buzzer working on the GPIO. It is still a work in progress, but it is coming along very well.
Security at a low cost without sacrificing effectiveness. I started by wanting to get into voice recognition so I used python to make a program that would listen for a keyword and when that word was said it would give me back a response, and when the Makerfaire was proposed I decided to take it further by using a combination of voice and facial recognition to activate an Arduino which then would turn a servo, in turn unlocking the door.
Covid-19 research report provides the details about how the pandemic started and how virus imapct on Human body. The research report concludes with recommendation how can we prevent the spread of next Pandemic. The various authentic information secondary sources are used to compile the research
Feeding our school community through the expansion of hydroponics increases the efficiency and sustainability of growth. We started by analyzing other production hydroponic models and adapting the basic principles used in hydroponic gardening to be compatible with lower-cost materials like PVC and wood. Once the project's form was decided, we designed an adjustable plumbing system to allow for different levels of water in our tubes to account for their larger size, and thus the larger distance between the water and the roots of our plants. Once our construction designs were finalized, we started thinking about how we could automate the processes of nutrient and pH adjustment while being able to monitor the system from a distance, for which we chose the software Mycodo and a variety of sensors, pumps, and cameras from Atlas Scientific connected to a Raspberry Pi.
I made a bboard robot that drives with the controller. 1. I coded the microbit to control the wheel. 2. I created a remote with another microbit using a radio signal. 3. I then created 3d design that the servo wheel would fit in. I had to try a few times. I added some googly eyes for a finishing touch."
A solution to providing a thirsty puppy fresh water when she needs it! We used a waterproof container from our recycling bin, a plastic straw, our bboard, microservo and a motion click. We also used our 3D printer to make an L shaped hard surface so that the little servo lever would clamp the straw when no motion was detected. We used the coding software from the Brilliant Labs bboard website to write a code for the microservo that controlled the lever dependent on the information it received from the motion click indicating if Polly was at her dish drinking or not. One issue that we had that we later fixed was the water leakage around the straw. Initially, we used silly puddy that we had at home but we later asked our dad to get us some waterproof caulking to use around the straw as it went into the water reservoir.
Provide clean light and education to those in need. Over the stoppage in school as a result of the covid-19 pandemic, I worked with Josh Keys to design and print a circuit board. In the process, he taught me how to design circuit boards, how to create 3D models of them and a lot about electrical engineering. After designing the theoretical board, I would assemble the components and find out what things worked and what did not. Today, we have professionally printed PCB circuit boards and have implemented test points and labels so that the future students assembling and receiving these boards can learn about electricity too.
Creating video games using raspberry pi and creating a video arcade to play them on. First the students created video games using the software raspberry pi. Then the students used the raspberry pi device to connect with a monitor, joystick and game buttons. Once that was accomplished, the students used cardboard boxes to make consoles to house the joystick, buttons as raspberry pi device.